Deciding to Sell Your Home
For most families, their home is their largest financial asset and the decision to sell sets off a chain of thoughts, questions and concerns. Whatever your reasons for selling you will need an experienced agent with the knowledge to give you wise council to enable you to get the best price.
Pricing your home property is a skill that combines a strong knowledge of past market facts, with an appreciation for predicting future trends. Some of the factors to be considered include:
Price: The price should reflect the location and condition of your home, considering current market conditions.
Time: A reasonable time period should be allotted to find a suitable purchaser.
Market Conditions: The market conditions are influenced by the number of homes for sale, the number of buyers and the financing conditions available at lending institutions.
Here are several items to consider when selling your home:
· Why are you thinking of selling your home?
· How flexible is your timetable?
· Have you sold a property previously? If so, what worked well, and what did not?
· Do you have specific expectations of the selling price you would like to achieve? If so, what is the basis for this figure?
· How often do you expect to communicate with your Houlihan Lawrence agent and in what for – e-mail, phone, and/or writing?
· Would you like assistance in relocating to another area through our global network?
Preview our Exclusive Seller Guide
Click on the Cover
Sign in with